About The Founder
I have always felt that school should be a positive experience – one where both student and staff learn and laugh and enjoy spending their days. When I returned to the field after raising my children, I began volunteering in my son’s class. I soon realized that, despite a caring and committed teacher, there were many children’s needs who were not being met. To try and meet their needs, I opened Mindware Educational Services, an in-home tutoring service that specialized in helping children with learning disabilities. I soon realized that these children needed more than just tutoring after school. They needed an environment that supported them and empowered them. In 2004, Mindware Academy was born.
From the day we have opened our doors, I’ve been driven to make Mindware Academy a place where children with learning disabilities no longer feel marginalized and left behind. Using established methods, instruction and care, a child with a learning disability can still succeed and enjoy learning. It is for this reason that I am proud to continue to offer Mindware Academy as a solution to a growing need for parents and children with learning disabilities.
Degrees & Certifications
- B.Arts Hons. – Queen’s University
- B. Education Queen’s University
- Special Education Certification – Nipissing University
- Orton Gillingham Certification
- Leadership Ottawa Graduate
- Independent Schools Federation Principal’s Course Certificate
- YouCan Restorative Justice Certificate
- Children’s Creative Conflict Resolution Certificate